Monday, June 27, 2011

Coming Soon...the FINAL COUNT!

Now, for all of you saying, "she's got this great boyfriend and I'm doing this alone", I was also doing this alone.  But I got lucky and met someone about a month and a half ago.

This was really tricky.  I was about to start the egg freezing process.  I could've put it off for a few months, to see how the relationship progressed.  I mean, it's a complicated thing to tell someone you just started dating that you are so focused on your fertility.  But I decided to stay the course and just hope for the best.

While he has been fantastic, there was definitely some vacillation in the beginning.  He was concerned about how this would effect us as we were trying to get to know one another.  I was quick to tell him that he didn't need to be involved; I have friends who could drive me to the egg retrieval, administer the trigger shot, and provide moral support.

I was concerned about how this would impact our potential sex life.  I mean, this would definitely take me out of commission for a while during the important first months of our being together.  Did I expect him to wait?

No comments:

Post a Comment