Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Injections: Day 4 (Sunday, June 19, 2011)

Physical: I'm still feeling good, though I was a bit crampy for about an hour or two in the afternoon.  (Today's Test Results: 13/14 follicles visible, 8 are measurable, estrogen 445)

Emotional: I may have gotten a little whiney during the cramping portion of the afternoon, but otherwise, I'm still feeling like myself.

Bloodwork and ultrasound at 9:00am on a Sunday.  That is not my idea of fun, but it is my idea of hope.  I was with the new boyfriend in the waiting room of the fertility center on Sunday morning.  The place was hoppin', mostly with couples and a few single women.  The mood was so serious.  It seemed irreverent that we were giggling and joking. But we're all here because we want babies, be it now or in the future.  Take a step back and think about why you want kids.  This is a good thing, a happy thing, so cheer up folks! 


The fact that I might be able to preserve my ability to bear children is an amazing privilege and gift (from science, from G-d, from wherever/whomever floats your boat).


So, the good news is that I have 13 or 14 follicles (the report changed).  The ultrasound technician actually told me, "this is a good cycle".  Yay!


In case you're wondering, the doctor says that it takes 15-20 eggs to be pretty confident that you will have one baby after the freezing, thawing, insemination, and implantation.  So, if I can get in that range in one cycle, I will be thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment